Skip To Main Content

Inter-District Transfers

An inter-district transfer is required for students who live in the Oroville Union High School District boundary but choose to attend school in another district, such as Chico or Durham. Students living outside the Oroville Union High School District boundary, such as Marysville, would submit the same form to transfer into our district.  Transfer requests for the following school year may be submitted as early as January. We approve transfer requests for four years, so there is no need to submit an additional transfer request for your student while they are in high school unless the other district requires annual approval. Transfer requests are generally processed within a week. However, it may take longer to process a transfer for a student who wishes to transfer into our district if we are still determining whether there is room to accept them.  

Call Jaymie Martinez at (530) 538-2300, extension 1107, if you have any questions. Completed forms can be emailed to