• Intra and Inter-District Transfers

    An intra-district transfer is required for students who live one school zone (LP or OHS) and wish to enroll at the other school.  Transfer information is sent to all 8th grade students mid-November for the following school year.  Transfers are due mid-January.  Notification letters for transfers received by the deadline are mailed by the end of January.  Transfers submitted after the deadline will be placed on a waiting list and processed if space becomes available.  Parents are responsible for providing transportation for their students to and from school.  Upperclassmen may also submit transfers, but may face athletic eligibility issues if they haven't physically moved to a new house.  Please contact your Athletic Director for more information.

    An inter-district transfer is required for students who live in the Oroville Union High School District boundary but choose to attend school in another district, such as Chico or Durham.  Students living outside the Oroville Union High School District boundary, such as Marysville, would submit the same form to transfer into our district.  Transfer requests for the the following school year may be submitted as early as January.  We approve transfer requests for four years, so there is no need to submit an additional transfer reqquest for your student while they are in high school unless the other district requires annual approval.  Transfer requests are generally processed within a week.  However, it may take longer to process a transfer for a student who wishes to transfer into our district if we are still determining whether there is room to accept them.  

    Intra-District Transfer Policy
    Intra-District Transfer Form

    Inter-District Transfer Policy
    Inter-District Transfer Form