Junior Announcements and Information

11th Grade
  • Track your academic progress
    As you plan for life after high school, you’ll hear a lot about “a-g” courses or “a-g” subject requirements. These are classes you have to take if you want to get into a California State University (CSU) or University of California (UC). Use an Academic Planner to plan and track your “a-g” classes.

    Students in 11th and 12th grade will take the ACT/SAT for entrance into CSU or UC. Both ACT and SAT scores are used for college admissions decisions and awarding merit-based scholarships. Most colleges do not prefer one test over the other. Neither the SAT or ACT is harder than the other.

    Butte College Connection
    Is a partnership with participating school districts to 
    provide high school seniors the option of spending their senior year at Butte College. Applications are available on the LPHS and OHS websites, and become available in January.

    Butte CCAP Dual Enrollment

    Allows high school students the opportunity to earn college and high school credit simultaneously while while taking college-level coursework. Dual Enrollment courses are offered on the high school campus during the school day and are taught by high school or Butte College instructors. Transcripts will reflect letter grades earned.  
    The classes that qualify are: Animal Science, Digital Photography II, Farm Management, and Ag Mechanics II, Ag Explorations